Processing, cryo-freezing and storage of cutaneous tissue
After the acceptance, skin tissue is processed within the Cell Factory. Here, it is carried out:
- the quantitative analysis of collected skin tissue as well as its suitability, in compliance with the standards of tissue harvesting defined by the Skin Bank
- a treatment of decontamination, in order to eliminate any previous contamination of skin tissue
- the packaging of skin tissue inside sterile bags
The human dermis processed within the Cell Factory can also be subjected to a decellularization process before packaging, in order to obtain a product of tissue engineering usable for clinical purposes. The cutaneous tissue packaged and sealed inside sterile bags within the Cell Factory is then subjected to:
- Cryo-freezing with a programmed, gradual drop of the temperature
- Storage in tanks of liquid nitrogen
Processing of cutaneous tissue (homologous skin).
Processing of cutaneous tissue (dermis).
Packaging of cutaneous tissue.
Cryo-freezing of cutaneous tissue.
Storage of cutaneous tissue.