Located on the second floor of the Greater Romagna Area Service Center, the Cell Factory is a leading biotechnology platform, built according to European guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) that is able to accommodate activities of reception, manipulation, storage and distribution of cutaneous tissue so that it is ready to be used for transplantation.
The Cell Factory offers:
- 5 GMP-D class laboratories: for the minimal manipulation of cells and tissues
- 3 GMP-B class laboratories: for the extensive manipulation of cells and bioengineered tissues
The Cell Factory carriers out:
- Stem cell processing, preservation, validation and distribution for transplantation in onco-hematology patients
- Activities of processing, preservation, validation and distribution of cutaneous tissue for transplantation and tissue/cell bioengineering
- Clinical research for the production of innovative bioengineered tissues and life-saving cell therapies for burned patients.